Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS)
1. Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS) formulated to provide defence industry easy access to testing facilities
2. Testing Infrastructure is capital intensive & not viable for Industry to set up the testing facilities
3. Scheme proposes setting up 06 to 08 Defence Testing Infrastructure (DTI) with Govt Grant-in-Aid of Rs 400 Cr
Type-----> Small || Estimated Cost----->0-20 Cr || Nos----->03
Type-----> Medium || Estimated Cost----->20-50 Cr || Nos----->03
Type-----> Large || Estimated Cost-----> 50 Cr || Nos----->02
4. Creation, operation and maintenance of each DTI will be done through a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)
5. SPV will be constituted by minimum 5 entities and shall be a Section 8 company (not for profit company)
6. SPV constituents will fund minimum 25% of the project cost while budgetary support from GoI will be maximum 75%
7. The operation and maintenance of DTIs will be self-sustaining through collection of User Charges by the SPVs
8. The equipment/ systems tested at these facilities will be certified as per appropriate accreditation
9. Defence Industrial Corridors in UP & TN may be given preference for setting up Test Facilities
10. DTIS guidelines approved by Hon’ble RM on 08 May 20
11. Gazette Notification and RFP for Project Consultant – DTIS issued
12. M/s PriceWaterhouseCoopers appointed as Project Consultant in Dec 20
13. Gap Analysis Study on testing infrastructure deficiencies to be submitted by PWC – 24 Mar 21
14. RFP has been issued for 08 Test facilities and bid submitted in 04 cases, till date.
15. Web Portal for Project Monitoring to be setup by – 24 Jun 21
RFPs for DTIS Test Facilities
- RFP for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) test facility.
- RFP for Electromagnetic Interference and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC) test facility.
- RFP for Environmental test facility.
- RFP for Electronic Warfare test facility .
- RFP for Electro Optics test facility.
- RFP for Communication test facility.
- RFP for Mechanical & Material test facility.
- RFP for Ammunitions test facility.